Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
After the inspection and damage assessment step, the water extraction process begins. This step removes the majority of the water within your New Castle, Neshannock, Ellwood City, and surrounding areas residential home or commercial business. We use powerful pumps and truck-mounted vacuum units to quickly remove hundreds or thousands of gallons of water from your property. SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties is prepared to assist in any size disaster. No water disaster is too big or too small for your local SERVPRO. We proudly serve our residential community as well as commercial buildings such as, hotels, schools, factories, government buildings, offices, and more. For immediate assistance or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call at (724) 704-8939.
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.