Why Choose SERVPRO for Your New Castle Home or Business
If you have suffered a home water or faster disaster and don’t know where to begin, you may be wondering, who do I call to fix this?
If you have suffered a home water or fire disaster and don’t know where to begin, you may be wondering, who do I call to fix this? SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties should be at the top of your list, here’s why:
- Each of our team members are trained and certified by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) as well as Employee Training Certification, SERVPRO Corporate Training, e-Learnings, and Continuing Education classes. All these certifications are to ensure that we give you the best quality service that we can offer.
- Our “Restore versus Replace” mentality is designed to minimize the cost of your disaster. After a catastrophic event, the last thing you want to do is pour excessive amounts of money into your home, commercial building, or property.
- We are “FASTER TO ANY SIZE DISASTER” ™, meaning that we will be by your side immediately after your disaster whether it be commercial loss or a minor loss within your home.
- We tailor our services to your exact need; per example, here are just a few of the services we offer:
- Fire and Smoke Restoration, Mold Remediation, Water Damage, Residential Construction, Biohazard/Crime Scene
- We go above and beyond to restore your home and give you peace of mind. We will make it, “Like it never even happened.” ®
SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties provides fire and water damage restoration service in Farrell, Sharpsville, Fredonia, and their surrounding areas. We are available 24/7 for your damage restoration needs, for immediate assistance please call (724) 704-8939 or visit our Website for more information!
How to Avoid Winter Storm Damage to Your Bessemer Property
In the winter months, your West Pittsburg, Sandy Lake, Fredonia, and surrounding areas home and business are vulnerable to winter storms.
In the winter months, your West Pittsburg, Sandy Lake, Fredonia, and surrounding areas home and business are vulnerable to winter storms, including wind, snow, and ice storms. Snowstorms can easily cost a business millions of dollars in lost productivity and sales. The best way to prevent winter storm damage to your New Castle, West Middlesex, New Beaver property is to be prepared.
Check Your Insurance Policy
The basic “named perils” property policy covers your building and its contents from damage or loss caused by specific perils (or cause of loss) named in the policy. These perils include fire, lightning, explosion, windstorms, hail, smoke, and more. These policies do not include coverage for falling objects, weight of snow, ice, or sleet, or water damage or collapse.
The most common type of property damage caused by winter weather is roof damage or collapse, which is caused by snow, ice, sleet, or water damage from burst pipes or ice dams. Ice dams occur when water doesn’t flow properly through gutters, which allows the water to enter the building, damaging ceilings and walls. This water damage, for example, is not covered by a basic “named perils” policy. Ensure that you know the details of your insurance policy to prevent any unwelcome surprises if damage does occur.
Check Your Roof
Large, flat roofs, roofs of varying levels, those in shady areas, and those with heavy insulation have the highest risk of snow and ice build-up. Skylights, vents, and poorly insulated areas of roofs can also cause problems by allowing heat to escape, which can cause snow to melt and refreeze.
The most problems occur when snow accumulates over time. The weight of snow depends on the amount of water that it contains, not on the actual depth of the snow. In general, snow that falls at a warmer temperature will be denser. Also, snow that packs down over time becomes denser. If snow accumulation is expected, plan for safe removal.
Check Your Structure
In high-wind areas, it’s crucial to check vulnerable areas, including roofs, windows, and doors on a regular basis to ensure they are in proper working order. If these areas aren’t properly functioning, they can allow wind to enter, making the building more vulnerable to damage.
Call SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties
Should you experience any damage to your New Wilmington, New Beaver, Ellport or surrounding areas home or business due to winter storms, call SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties at (724) 704-8939 visit our Website! We can respond immediately with highly trained technicians who employ specialized equipment and techniques to restore your home or business to pre-storm condition. We are available 24/7, even on holidays, and we have the resources to handle any size storm or disaster.
Review Your Commercial Policy for Winter in West Middlesex
Reminder for business owners to look at their commercial insurance policies before the inevitable cold that is about to come.
“Winter is Coming.” As common as this saying is from the popular TV series Game of Thrones…Ned Stark had one thing right. It is coming, and there is no stopping it. SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties is here to remind our New Castle, Ellwood City, Bessemer and surrounding areas business owners to look at their commercial insurance policies before the inevitable cold that is about to come.
- Have you looked at your commercial insurance policy lately? Just knowing when your insurance expires, how much your deductibles are, and what your policy number is---are all very important pieces of information to have prior to having any disaster. You may not have access to these documents after a loss. Therefore, it’s very important to know this information and have it stored somewhere else besides the office.
- Make sure you have Business Interruption Coverage. Just so you know---there is usually a waiting period with this coverage where you must pay out of pocket before the coverage ‘kicks in.’ Make sure you know how long, have the funds to cover the waiting period, AND KNOW THE EXCLUSIONS. Talk with you agent to determine what losses are actually covered by this coverage and notate them.
- Inventory your expensive business personal property. It’s 2022! Take pictures with that smart phone of yours and make a detailed spreadsheet on what your equipment is, how much is it worth, and when you bought it. Go over the larger, more substantial pieces of property or equipment with your agent and ask if they need scheduled on the policy, or if they are picked up by your business personal property coverage. If they are off-premise, such as stored at your home, make sure your agent knows this too, so he/she can notate the property address properly on the policy, or add an endorsement allowing you to be covered away from the building. Most property is only covered when at the location address, unless endorsed differently.
- Make sure to add Sewer and Drain Back-up to your policy. Most property policies contain a broad water exclusion that precludes damage caused by water that backs up or overflows from a sewer, drain, or sump pump. First reason is…this is super affordable to do so! Secondly, the business would not be covered against a water loss caused from sewer, drain or sump pump back-up without it.
All these things are great to look at for the cold weather. Especially when it comes to freezing pipes, heavy snow on the roof or space heaters being on at your New Castle office. Any of these things can result in disaster and, as a business owner, you must try and be as prepared as possible. And when you are not--- SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties has you covered. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, and we specialize in water and fire disasters. We are the restoration company you want to have on speed dial when things go wrong. Should you need us for any disaster this Winter call us anytime at (724) 704-8939.
Water Damage Safety Tips for Grove City Homeowners
With all the complications and hazards with water damage, it’s best to call the professionals.
We know water damage can be overwhelming. You’re worried about your possessions and the damage to your home. But you may need to be concerned for your health and wellbeing in a water damage situation too. Here are some things you need to keep in mind when you have water damage in your Grove City, Bessemer, Ellwood City, and surrounding areas home:
- Electrical Hazards - Water and electricity do not mix well for you and your safety. When there’s water in your home, make sure you’re cautious and don’t use appliances in affected areas.
- Slip and Fall Hazards - This may seem silly but be cautious of slipping and falling when it comes to excess water. You don’t want to see a physical injury to go along with the damage water creates in your home.
- Ceilings - If you see water damage on the ceiling, be extra careful. If your ceiling has water stains, the room above it has water damage, or the ceiling is sagging, stay out of the room. The last thing you need is to be in the room when your ceiling falls.
Keep those in mind and check out SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties full list of flood tips here.
With all the complications and hazards with water damage, it’s best to call the professionals. SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties has highly trained water restoration technicians ready to respond to any size disaster. Call us today at (724) 704-8939 or visit our Website to get your home to preloss condition fast! We serve Hermitage, Mercer, New Castle, and surrounding areas.
Protect Your Business from Floods in New Wilmington, PA
Knowing flood risks and how to protect your business is highly important.
Knowing flood risks and how to protect your business is highly important. Pewtrusts.org states, “Accounting for 99.9 percent of U.S. businesses, the small-business sector is highly vulnerable to floods. The Federal Emergency Management Agency reports that 40 to 60 percent of small businesses never reopen after a disaster, and 90 percent of smaller companies fail within a year unless they can resume operations within five days.” Prevention is key to your business flooding. Knowing whether your New Wilmington business is strong enough to stay open after a flood is an opportunity to take prevention seriously.
Flood Risks to Look Out For in New Wilmington, Elwood City, and New Beaver
There are many risks to look out for when preventing a flood in your business. Here are a few flood prevention tips to consider according to DisasterSafety.org: Know your flood zone, learn your Base Flood Elevation, employ dry floodproofing techniques, look into purchasing good flood insurance.
SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties are fire and water damage restoration specialists who provide a wide array of services. We are always Here to Help, 24/7. If a fire does occur in your home, give us a call at (724) 704-8939 for immediate assistance or visit our Website!
Does Your Greenville Home Have a Drainage Issue?
Drainage issues are common in certain cities and certain parts of cities. Due to this, you may be aware that you fall into that category.
If you are asking this question, you have probably noticed many things that point to your home having a drainage issue. Drainage issues are common in certain cities and certain parts of cities. Due to this, you may be aware that you fall into that category. SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties is going to tell you all the signs you will need to know if your home has a drainage issue. These drainage issues can lead to flood damage, mold growth, and a variety of other issues.
Signs That Your Home Has a Drainage Issue
Once you identify the signs of water drainage issues in your yard, it is important to divert the water away from your home as best you can. Don’t be alarmed if you learn that your home has these issues! There are ways to improve the situation as well. Here are a few signs that your home has water drainage issues:
- Overflowing gutters
- Drifting mulch
- Pooling water
- Soggy ground
- Efflorescence or flaking walls in your basement
- Basement leaks
- Mildew odors
Here is what you can do to improve water drainage:
- Clean your gutters
- Extend your downspouts
- Create a rain garden
- Install a rain barrel
- Seal the driveway
- Install a French drain
SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties are fire and water damage restoration specialists. We are pleased to serve Greenville, Sandy Lake, Jamestown, and all of Mercer County and Lawrence County. We are always Here to Help, 24/7. Give us a call at (724) 704-8939 for immediate assistance or visit our Website!
Commercial Fire and Water Services in Neshannock
SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties has the training and expertise to help make it “Like it never even happened.”
Commercial cleaning and restoration present unique challenges. You need a company that provides excellent results while minimizing the disruption to your clients. So, when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services, SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties has the training and expertise to help make it “Like it never even happened.” We arrive quickly to the scene when a fire or water disaster occurs! The faster we arrive for mitigation, the sooner your school or business can begin functioning again!
Below are some types of buildings that we service:
- Small Office Buildings
- Large Office/High-Rise Office Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Small Retail Stores
- Large Retail/Big-Box Stores
- High-Rise Residential
- Manufacturing & Industrial
SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties are fire and water damage restoration specialists. We serve the entire Mercer and Lawrence counties, from West Pittsburg to Neshannock to Shenango. We are always Here to Help, 24/7. Give us a call at (724) 704-8939 for immediate assistance or visit our Website!
Industry Leading Expertise in Restoration in Ellwood City, PA
Even though we’re locally owned and operated, we’re part of a network of over 2,000 franchises.
SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties is locally owned and operated, but we have a few things that set us apart.
We have highly trained restoration technicians in fire, water, and storm damage. We adhere to IICRC Standards to give residents in Ellwood City, Wampum, and Enon Valley, the best services in the industry.
Even though we’re locally owned and operated, we’re part of a network of over 2,000 franchises. This gives us the resources to respond to any size disaster. We have Disaster Recovery Teams strategically placed across the country to give us the ability to handle anything in our way.
We’re trusted across the country in many categories. We were on the front lines with Covid-19 cleaning when we cleaned the White House before the Biden Administration moved in. We were instrumental in cleaning up damage in Texas after their massive winter storm. Whatever the damage, whatever the disaster, SERVPRO is here to help with industry leading quality,
With whatever your needs are in Ellwood City, call SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties at (724) 704-8939 or visit our Website to get your home back to preloss condition fast!
3 Fall Gutter Issues in Shenango, PA
When your Shenango home has gutter issues it can result in water damage in your home.
When your Shenango, Transfer, or Fredonia home has gutter issues it can result in water damage in your home. A simple fix with your gutter could save you thousands of dollars in damage. Gutter issues can lead to water damage, flood damage, and mold damage. Below are issues in your home that you should look out for:
? Damaged Gutters
? Clogged Gutters
? Clogged Downspouts
How to Tell If Your Gutters Need Fixed
Damaged gutters may have cracked or separated from the fascia or each other due to the weight of winter ice or snow. Clogged gutters are full of pine needles, twigs, leaves and other tree debris that have either fallen from overhanging branches or been washed into the gutters by heavy rains.
SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties specializes in fire and water - restoration and cleanup. We understand that if you have experienced a disaster, you need someone you can call on 24/7. Call us at any time, day, or night at (724) 704-8939 or visit our Website. We are always Here to Help!
Thanksgiving Safety for Sharon, PA
Be sure to pay close attention to any food on the stove or in the oven on Thanksgiving day!
As we are gearing towards the season with the most home fires, it is important to plan for an unpredicted disaster.
According to the National Fire Protection Association, “Thanksgiving is the peak day for home cooking fires with more than three times the daily average for such incidents.”
The leading cause of Thanksgiving fires stems from lack of attention to food on the stove and turkey fryers. The NFPA urges citizens to “Stay in the kitchen and focus on the food you are cooking on the stovetop.” They also suggest that children stay out of the kitchen in case of fire, hot oil, knives, and hot stoves. Keep your family safe this holiday season.
If you or someone you know experiences a detrimental fire during the holiday season, contact your local SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties for disaster relief. We can serve the entire Mercer and Lawrence County area, from Sharon, to New Castle, to Grove City, and everything in between. Call us at (724) 704-8939 or visit our Website. We too, are homeowners of the area and want to make sure our community is taken care of.