How to Prepare and Recover from a Commercial Fire in Hermitage, PA
Just like in our Mercer and Lawrence County homes, fires can be devastating to businesses in the community. SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties does not want to see this. That is why we are here with a guide on how to prepare for and ultimately recover from a commercial fire!
Before a fire even occurs, you should be monitoring possible fire hazards. If your company works with flammable materials, you should be extra cautious. However, just like in homes, the majority of office fires come from the kitchen, as reported by the NFPA. Be sure to also check your heating and cooling systems as well as electrical outlets. Monitoring these hazards can help to prevent fires in Hermitage, Sharpsville, and West Middlesex businesses.
It is also important to have a Fire Escape Plan ready for your employees. These consist of planning escape routes, knowing where to meet outside, knowing how to contact everyone and emergency services, and more. Make sure to practice your plan frequently!
Some disasters cannot be stopped. However, you can have a plan in place for when they do happen. You can do this with a FREE service SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties offers called an ERP, or Emergency READY Profile. What is an ERP? Here is what it consists of:
- No cost assessment of your facility
- A concise Profile Document that consists of critical information needed during an emergency
- A guide to help you get back into your facility following a disaster
- Establishes SERVPRO of Mercer & Lawrence as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider
- Identifies the line of command to authorize work to be done
- Provides facility specifications such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas, and more!
The ERP will allow SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties to get you and your business back on its feet in no time. Call us today at (724) 704-8939 or visit our Website to get an ERP scheduled or to begin getting your company back to business fast! Being prepared is key!