Fire Safety Tips for Ellport, PA Residents
Believe it or not, fire safety changes with the seasons! Fall is the season of bonfires and cookouts and along with those come new safety tips to keep you, your family, and your home safe. On average, around 10,600 home fires are started each year by grills.
- Stop, drop, and roll
- Follow the rules of your town or park
- Keep gas, lighter fluid, and other flammable materials far away from the fire
- Check your location before starting a fire to make sure the fire will not spread to a forest
- Be prepared and know how to put out a fire. Douse it with water or cover it with dirt
- Propane and charcoal grills should always be used outdoors.
- The grill should be placed away from overhangs, deck railings, and any low hanging branches.
- Never pour lighter fluid on a lit grill
- Always make sure your gas grill lid is open before lighting it
- Keep children and pets away from the area
If you experience fire damage, need help, or have any questions about the tips above, do not hesitate to call SERVPRO of Mercer and Lawrence Counties at (724) 704-8939 or visit our website. We are here to keep our Ellport, New Beaver and West Pittsburg community members safe while having fun.